Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of pcmcia tree

From: Dominik Brodowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:43:21 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 02:34:41PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> [Finally beginning to catch up with life...]

... somehow I know too well how that is ;)

> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:12:58 +0200
> Dominik Brodowski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > @Alan,@Jonathan: since this is the same patch, just a different title
> > -- shall it be removed from one of our trees?
> 
> If you want to have it
> in your tree, that's fine with me; the only dependency is that it needs
> to be applied *before* the removal of BKL protection to cdev open()
> functions or there will be a range of commits over which things are
> potentially unsafe - not that I think it would burn even a single
> tester.

Well, when do you intend to push that patch? I hope Linus will apply the
pcmcia tree soon after 2.6.26 is released.

> Here's the patch; if you take it let me know and I'll remove it from
> the bkl-removal tree.

I've applied it to pcmcia-2.6.git and just pushed that to kernel.org.

Thanks,
	Dominik