Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for June 24 (XFS x2)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:18:09 -0700

XFS shows 2 build problems today.

1. xfs_stats.h problem

  CC      fs/xfs/xfs_rtalloc.o
In file included from /local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_linux.h:91,
                 from /local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/xfs.h:44,
                 from /local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/xfs_rtalloc.c:18:
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_stats.h: In function 'xfs_init_procfs':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_stats.h:150: error: expected ';' before '}' token
make[3]: *** [fs/xfs/xfs_rtalloc.o] Error 1

2. ACL's undefined

  CC      fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_xattr.o
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_xattr.c: In function 'xfs_decode_acl':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_xattr.c:40: error: '_ACL_TYPE_ACCESS' undeclared (first use in this function)
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_xattr.c:40: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_xattr.c:40: error: for each function it appears in.)
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20080624/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_xattr.c:42: error: '_ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[3]: *** [fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_xattr.o] Error 1

These happened multiple times.  .configs are available if needed.

---
~Randy
Linux Plumbers Conference, 17-19 September 2008, Portland, Oregon USA
http://linuxplumbersconf.org/