Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the acpi tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:15:08 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Len,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the acpi tree got a conflict in 
> arch/x86/kernel/srat_32.c between commit 
> 9920a004626a2dc2980693d634e4000f086cb283 ("x86: use acpi_numa_init to 
> parse on 32-bit numa") from the tree and commit 
> a27557c76c6e092ec886f0e3e443f3190f0b0fcc ("ACPICA: Eliminate 
> acpi_native_uint type") from the acpi tree.
> 
> The code modified by the latter was removed by the former.  So I used 
> the former.

thanks Stephen.

I suspect we cannot really eliminate this particular conflict because 
the latter change is a (much welcome!) infrastructure cleanup in all 
things ACPI, the former is an early init refactoring/cleanup that 
depends on a whole lot of other (non-ACPI) changes in tip/x86/*. It's
too late in .26-rc cycle to push the infrastructure cleanup upstream, so
i suspect we have to live with this conflict for a while.

	Ingo