Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:30:53 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Jens,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the block tree got a trivial conflict in 
> include/asm-x86/smp.h between commit 
> a4c81cf684350797939416c99effb9d3ae46bca6 ("x86: extend e820 ealy_res 
> support 32bit") from the x86 tree and commit 
> 3b16cf874861436725c43ba0b68bdd799297be7c ("x86: convert to generic 
> helpers for IPI function calls") from the block tree.
> 
> A case of contextually close deletions.

Jens, would it be possible for you to prepare a pullable branch for us 
for the x86 and generic bits of the SMP generic helpers thing - 
independent of any block tree bits? (it can touch generic code but it 
should not break the build on other architectures)

That way we could pull it into tip/x86 and give it some testing on the 
x86 side, and resolve its integration effects. Would that be possible?

	Ingo