Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:11:38 +0200

> Jens, i've started testing this in -tip - there are three small build 
> fixlets in the tip/generic-ipi branch so far.
> 
> If you dont have these fixes already then you can pull them from:
> 
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git generic-ipi

this config is causing trouble too:

  http://redhat.com/~mingo/misc/config-Fri_Jun_27_12_03_13_CEST_2008.bad

it gives:

  include/asm-x86/mach-default/entry_arch.h: Assembler messages:
  include/asm-x86/mach-default/entry_arch.h:16: Error: undefined symbol `CALL_FUNCTION_SINGLE_VECTOR' in operation

the irq vector definitions got moved around in include/asm-x86, it's 
probably an integration effect of that. Stephen will likely see such 
problems in linux-next too.

My suggestion would be: lets work on finishing the integration in 
tip/auto-generic-ipi-next and then offer it to Stephen once that looks 
good in testing?

	Ingo