Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the acpi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:09:58 +1000

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:59:12 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi Len, Ingo,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the acpi tree got a conflict in
> Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt between commits "ACPI : Create
> "idle=nomwait" bootparam" and "ACPI: Create "idle=halt" bootparam"
> different version of which appear in the x86 and acpi trees ("ACPI :
> Create "idle=nomwait" bootparam" in the acpi tree is different from the
> version that was in that tree on Friday (thus this conflict comes up
> again)).
> 
> Please sort this out ...

This also caused conflicts in arch/ia64/kernel/process.c,
arch/x86/kernel/process.c, drivers/acpi/processor_core.c,
include/asm-ia64/processor.h and include/asm-x86/processor.h.

I fixed it up by using the acpi tree's versions.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/