Subject: linux-next: build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 23:22:48 +1000

Hi Sam,

Today's linux-next build (i386 defconfig) failed like this:

  GEN     /scratch/sfr/i386_defconfig/Makefile
  GEN     /scratch/sfr/i386_defconfig/Makefile
  SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-x86
  Using /scratch/sfr/next as source for kernel
/bin/sh: include/asm/asm-offsets.h: No such file or directory

I can only guess that this is a kbuild problem.  The object include directory
looked like this:

/scratch/sfr/i386_defconfig/include$ ls -la
total 24
drwxr-xr-x   5 sfr users 4096 2008-06-30 23:06 .
drwxr-xr-x   8 sfr users 4096 2008-06-30 23:06 ..
lrwxrwxrwx   1 sfr users    7 2008-06-30 23:06 asm -> asm-x86
drwxr-xr-x   2 sfr users 4096 2008-06-30 23:06 asm-i386
drwxr-xr-x 184 sfr users 8192 2008-06-30 23:06 config
drwxr-xr-x   2 sfr users 4096 2008-06-30 23:06 linux

My powerpc (ppc64_defconfig, allnoconfig, allyesconfig and
ppc44x_deconfig), x86_64 (allmodconfig), sparc (defconfig) and sparc64
(defconfig) build all worked.  The kisskb overnight builds will show us
what else is broken.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/