Subject: Re: linux-next: ttydev tree build failure

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:10:06 -0700

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:30:11 +1000 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi Alan,
> 
> Today's linux-next build (sparc defconfig) failed like this:

istallion (on x86_64 or i386) has several build errors:

linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:829: error: 'struct stliport' has no member named 'refcount'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:891: error: 'struct stliport' has no member named 'refcount'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:892: error: 'struct stliport' has no member named 'refcount'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:893: error: 'struct stliport' has no member named 'refcount'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:928: error: 'struct tty_ldisc' has no member named 'flush_buffer'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:929: error: 'struct tty_ldisc' has no member named 'flush_buffer'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:1205: error: 'struct stliport' has no member named 'refcount'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:1234: error: 'struct stliport' has no member named 'refcount'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:1663: warning: unused variable 'ival'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:1860: error: 'struct stliport' has no member named 'refcount'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:4250: error: 'struct tty_port' has no member named 'flag'
linux-next-20080702/drivers/char/istallion.c:4501: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
make[3]: *** [drivers/char/istallion.o] Error 1

---
~Randy
Linux Plumbers Conference, 17-19 September 2008, Portland, Oregon USA
http://linuxplumbersconf.org/