Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rr tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:56:45 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Rusty,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the rr tree got a conflict in 
> kernel/stop_machine.c between commit 
> 961ccddd59d627b89bd3dc284b6517833bbdf25d ("sched: add new API 
> sched_setscheduler_nocheck: add a flag to control access checks") from 
> the sched tree (which appears to also be in the rr tree) and commit 
> e5e62fcd081b0837f6210eb4ed022e9d8920bc59 ("stop_machine:simplify") 
> from the rr tree.
> 
> I used the version in the rr tree.  Probably worth a look when I 
> publish the tree.

hm, is there any difference between the content of the two commits?

The "home tree" of the commit is tip/sched/new-API-sched_setscheduler, 
and that's integrated to the auto-sched-next branch. If there's any 
update to the patch we should iterate it there.

	Ingo