Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kmemcheck tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:26:57 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Ingo,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the kmemcheck tree got a conflict in 
> arch/x86/mm/Makefile between commit 
> ff3a3e9ba5e4273a8bc10570adab4a390fb90757 ("x86 mmiotrace: move files 
> into arch/x86/mm/") from the ftrace tree and commit 
> 385e31b9eae0528bada07d16a189f3f40df23961 ("kmemcheck: add the 
> kmemcheck core") from the kmemcheck tree.
> 
> Just overlapping additions.

thanks Stephen. These are the conflict resolutions i've been carrying 
for a few months:

    Merge branch 'kmemcheck' into auto-latest

    Conflicts:

        arch/x86/mm/Makefile
        include/asm-x86/pgtable.h
        kernel/sysctl.c

the arch/x86/mm/Makefile and kernel/sysctl.c ones are trivial - but the 
pgtable.h is non-trivial: you might want to glean the resolution out of 
tip/auto-latest.

Shortly before the release of a stable kernel is the 'maximum dynamic 
pressure' point of the launch of the next Linux version - this is when 
the highest number of conflicts arise. [ And i hope these three are not 
too bad to break the rocket apart ;-) ]

	Ingo