Subject: Re: ACPI git trees and vacation

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:03:56 +1000

Hi Andi,

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:56:59 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 20:48:49 +0200 Andi Kleen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > The trees for the next ACPI merge are at git.kernel.org now
> > These are based on Len's branches with some additional patches.
> > 
> > (based on Linus' tree aka 2.6.26rc9)
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ak/linux-acpi-2.6.git release
> > Intended for the 2.6.27 merge
> 
> If that is true ..
> 
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/linux/kernel/ak/linux-acpi-2.6.git test
> 
> Then why is linux-next tracking that?

So maybe I read that wrong.  It appears that the release branch is
already a subset Linus' tree and you meant that comment ("Intended for
the 2.6.27 merge") was meant to apply to the test branch.  Right?

> > (based on Linux next for patches with dependencies)
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ak/linux-next-acpi.git
> 
> Is there something we can do about those dependencies?

This is still a valid question as I have been trying to push trivial
dependencies into Linus' tree ...

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/