Subject: linux-next: scsi tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:25:28 +1000

Hi James,

Today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c: In function 'map_sg_data':
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:431: error: 'FW_FEATURE_CMO' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:431: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:431: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c: In function 'ibmvscsi_queuecommand':
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:750: error: 'FW_FEATURE_CMO' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c: In function 'send_mad_adapter_info':
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:864: error: 'FW_FEATURE_CMO' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c: In function 'ibmvscsi_do_host_config':
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:1412: error: 'FW_FEATURE_CMO' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c: At top level:
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:1769: error: unknown field 'get_io_entitlement' specified in initializer
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:1769: warning: missing braces around initializer
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:1769: warning: (near initialization for 'ibmvscsi_driver.driver')
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c:1769: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Caused because commit 341b56db6804040aa9559e913865108424e3b18b ("[SCSI]
ibmvscsi: driver enablement for CMO"), which was 15/16 in a series, has
been merged before any of the other patches in the series.  I have
reverted that commit.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/