Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for July 14

From: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 01:35:37 +0200

On Monday, 14 of July 2008, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> With the opening of the merge window, I am hoping my job becomes easier
> again ... :-)

I get something like this on one of my test boxes (full dmesg at
http://www.sisk.pl/kernel/debug/20080714/dmesg-asus_L5D.log):

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: at /home/rafael/src/linux-next/arch/x86/mm/pageattr.c:592 __change_page_attr_set_clr+0x8bf/0x9d0()
Modules linked in: snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss snd_seq snd_seq_device dm_crypt reiserfs dm_mod arc4 ecb crypto_blkcipher b43 rfkill pcmcia mac80211 cfg80211 input_polldev ppdev snd_intel8x0 snd_ac97_codec ac97_bus snd_pcm joydev yenta_socket rtc_cmos sr_mod ohci1394 snd_timer rsrc_nonstatic snd skge pcmcia_core ieee1394 ssb asus_laptop cdrom sg video i2c_nforce2 parport_pc soundcore output backlight parport ac battery button snd_page_alloc led_class i2c_core evdev usbhid ff_memless sd_mod ehci_hcd ohci_hcd amd74xx ext3 jbd fan pata_amd libata scsi_mod dock thermal processor
Pid: 3873, comm: acpidump Not tainted 2.6.26-next #21

Call Trace:
 [<ffffffff8023ab6f>] warn_on_slowpath+0x5f/0x80
 [<ffffffff8023bd67>] ? printk+0x67/0x70
 [<ffffffff802c52dd>] ? __d_lookup+0xcd/0x190
 [<ffffffff80225c9f>] __change_page_attr_set_clr+0x8bf/0x9d0
 [<ffffffff802b9b34>] ? do_lookup+0x84/0x210
 [<ffffffff802b9587>] ? permission+0xc7/0x130
 [<ffffffff802c5d71>] ? dput+0x81/0x110
 [<ffffffff802ab621>] ? check_poison_obj+0x31/0x1f0
 [<ffffffff80226c28>] ? reserve_memtype+0xf8/0x310
 [<ffffffff80225e4f>] change_page_attr_set_clr+0x9f/0x1d0
 [<ffffffff8049dbb6>] ? _spin_unlock+0x26/0x30
 [<ffffffff80226073>] _set_memory_uc+0x13/0x20
 [<ffffffff80224b45>] ioremap_change_attr+0x25/0x40
 [<ffffffff80226f49>] phys_mem_access_prot_allowed+0x109/0x170
 [<ffffffff802abea9>] ? cache_alloc_debugcheck_after+0x99/0x230
 [<ffffffff803915a5>] mmap_mem+0x35/0xb0
 [<ffffffff8029c09a>] mmap_region+0x17a/0x4c0
 [<ffffffff8049d6ba>] ? __down_write_nested+0x1a/0xc0
 [<ffffffff8029cb6b>] do_mmap_pgoff+0x3ab/0x3d0
 [<ffffffff80210e1c>] sys_mmap+0xfc/0x130
 [<ffffffff8020b6ab>] system_call_after_swapgs+0x7b/0x80

---[ end trace f1b1c6f21f48e09f ]---
acpidump:3873 /dev/mem ioremap_change_attr failed uncached-minus for 5ff40000-5ff41000