Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for July 18: warning at kernel/lockdep.c:2068 trace_hardirqs_on_caller

From: Bernhard Walle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:44:56 +0200

* Bernhard Walle <[email-masked]> [2008-07-20 15:03]:
> 
> Because I didn't know that interface. And because I don't see that
> interface on my two systems that I just checked. i386 and x86-64. What
> do I have to do to enable that interface?

That interface depends on CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG. But given to that
dependency list,

128 config MEMORY_HOTPLUG
129         bool "Allow for memory hot-add"
130         depends on SPARSEMEM || X86_64_ACPI_NUMA
131         depends on HOTPLUG && !HIBERNATION && ARCH_ENABLE_MEMORY_HOTPLUG
132         depends on (IA64 || X86 || PPC64 || SUPERH || S390)

that interface is off on *many* systems (i386, x86_64), so we can't rely
on that interface in kexec. I think on POWER it's much more common than
on PC architectures.

Bernhard
-- 
Bernhard Walle, SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Architecture Development