Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kmemcheck tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:05:30 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the kmemcheck tree got a conflict in 
> init/main.c between commits c2147a5092cfe13dbf3210e54e8a622015edeecc 
> ("Better interface for hooking early initcalls") and 
> 7babe8db99d305340cf4828ce1f5a1481d5622ef ("Full conversion to 
> early_initcall() interface, remove old interface") from Linus' tree 
> and commit 385e31b9eae0528bada07d16a189f3f40df23961 ("kmemcheck: add 
> the kmemcheck core") from the kmemcheck tree.
> 
> I used the upstream version and turned kmemcheck_init into an 
> early_initcall().

thanks Stephen.

I made this fixup too, yesterday, but solved it differently: i added 
kmemcheck_init() to before all early initcalls. I think that's the best 
solution for a fundamental debug feature like kmemcheck. (which could 
catch bugs in early initcalls as well) What do you think?

i've pushed out a new auto-kmemcheck-next branch, so the conflicts 
should go away on your next iteration.

	Ingo