Subject: Re: [PATCH] add iommu_num_pages helper function

From: Joerg Roedel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:26:55 +0200

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 03:10:05AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Joerg Roedel <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:50:27 +0200
> 
> > I think moving that function to x86-only code is the best solution for
> > now. Before moving it back to generic code we need an architecture
> > independent way to find out the IOMMU page size.
> 
> My suggestion (again) is to pass it in as a "const unsigned long
> io_page_size" argument and update the callers.

Ok, this has the advantage that it supports more than one IOMMU page
size per architecture and its also less intrusive.

Joerg

-- 
           |           AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG
 Operating |         Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Germany
 System    |                  Register Court Dresden: HRA 4896
 Research  |              General Partner authorized to represent:
 Center    |             AMD Saxony LLC (Wilmington, Delaware, US)
           | General Manager of AMD Saxony LLC: Dr. Hans-R. Deppe, Thomas McCoy