Subject: Re: [PATCH] add iommu_num_pages helper function

From: Joerg Roedel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:18:05 +0200

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 03:10:05AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Joerg Roedel <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:50:27 +0200
> 
> > I think moving that function to x86-only code is the best solution for
> > now. Before moving it back to generic code we need an architecture
> > independent way to find out the IOMMU page size.
> 
> My suggestion (again) is to pass it in as a "const unsigned long
> io_page_size" argument and update the callers.

Ok, after setting up cross compile environments for sparc64 and
powerpc64 I wrote a patch which adds the io_page_size argument to the
iommu_num pages function and moves the function back to
lib/iommu-helper.c. The patch touches all 3 architectures and can not be
split in a bisectable way.

Who is the best person to send this patch to?

Joerg

-- 
           |           AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG
 Operating |         Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Germany
 System    |                  Register Court Dresden: HRA 4896
 Research  |              General Partner authorized to represent:
 Center    |             AMD Saxony LLC (Wilmington, Delaware, US)
           | General Manager of AMD Saxony LLC: Dr. Hans-R. Deppe, Thomas McCoy