Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for August 4

From: Nico -telmich- Schottelius <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:51:49 +0200

Good morning!

Stephen Rothwell [Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 04:29:24PM +1000]:
> Changes since next-20080801:
 
I am currently trying to make linux-next a bit more debug-friendly
and merge your tree from time to time.

Thus I do:

   git-merge linux-next/master
   git-checkout linux-next/master $(git-ls-files --unmerged | awk '{ print $4 }')
   git-add $(git-ls-files --unmerged | awk '{ print $4 }')
   git-commit

The result can now be found at

   http://unix.schottelius.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=foreign/linux-2.6

respectively

   http://unix.schottelius.org/git/foreign/linux-2.6/

I'll use the merged result for testing linux-next, perhaps adding
other branches later to test which branches you merge from are
directly mergable, without the need for a rebase.

Sincerly,

Nico

-- 
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C