Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for July 30

From: Dmitry Torokhov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:11:09 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 01:10:56PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> 
> If that works then great.  But I think the printk could be improved. 
> Please provide sufficient information so that users (not programmers)
> can go off and fix things up without needing to email kernel developers.
> 
> One suitable approach would be
> 
> 	printk("see http://userweb.kernel.org/~dtor/read-this.txt")
> 

Ok, I made a small page here:

	http://userweb.kernel.org/~dtor/eviocgbit-bug.html

If you think this is sufficient I'd like to put the patch with the
warning in 2.6.27 so people and distributions could start updarting
affected programs.

-- 
Dmitry