Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:27:52 -0400

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 03:20:37PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Al,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got a conflict in
> fs/nfsd/export.c between commit 53e6d8d182e97c5211da4ee1f163c840c7ecf8ca
> ("fs/nfsd/export.c: Adjust error handling code involving
> auth_domain_put") from the nfsd tree and commit
> eec56f5904cd79d7cf99efd74ad02f39c829fff1 ("switch nfsd to kern_path()")
> from the vfs tree.
> 
> The conflict is contextual. I fixed it up and can carry the fixup.

OK, thanks.  Looks like I can't help for now as long as kern_path()
isn't upstream.

(Minor request, if it's easy to automate: would it be possible to
include a url for linux-next (or even for the specific tree that the
commit came from) with these messages?  It'd just save a little googling
when I want to see what's going on.)

--b.