Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the tests tree

From: Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:12:35 +0530

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 02:59:48PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Ananth,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the tests tree got a conflict in
> lib/Kconfig.debug between commit 67182ae1c42206e516f7efb292b745e826497b24
> ("rcu, debug: detect stalled grace periods") from the sched tree and
> commit 2b9b631dd2507b5480b752bcca946b9767b9bae1 ("Move rcutorture to
> tests/") from the tests tree.
> 
> I sort of fixed it up.

Thanks Stephen.

> Ananth, you should try to get the testing stuff into Linus' tree ...

We've tried multiple times already (last attempt was
http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121727532926590&w=2).

Guess as Andrew said, this is way below in the priority scale. I am not
sure at this point if we should just let things be as they are if there
isn't much interest in merging it upstream.

Ananth