Subject: linux-next: pcmcia tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:36:58 +1000

Hi Dominik,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

sound/pcmcia/vx/vxpocket.c: In function 'vxpocket_config':
sound/pcmcia/vx/vxpocket.c:238: error: implicit declaration of function 'handle_to_dev'
sound/pcmcia/vx/vxpocket.c:238: error: invalid lvalue in unary '&'
sound/pcmcia/pdaudiocf/pdaudiocf.c: In function 'snd_pdacf_probe':
sound/pcmcia/pdaudiocf/pdaudiocf.c:131: error: implicit declaration of function 'handle_to_dev'
sound/pcmcia/pdaudiocf/pdaudiocf.c:131: error: invalid lvalue in unary '&'
drivers/char/pcmcia/cm4040_cs.c: In function 'cm4040_config_check':
drivers/char/pcmcia/cm4040_cs.c:550: error: implicit declaration of function 'handle_to_dev'
drivers/char/pcmcia/cm4040_cs.c:550: error: invalid lvalue in unary '&'
drivers/char/pcmcia/cm4040_cs.c:550: error: invalid lvalue in unary '&'
drivers/char/pcmcia/cm4040_cs.c: In function 'reader_config':
drivers/char/pcmcia/cm4040_cs.c:572: error: invalid lvalue in unary '&'
drivers/char/pcmcia/cm4040_cs.c:572: error: invalid lvalue in unary '&'

Caused by commit 86b736d122166ec779bd86ac24e24117a675e98d ("pcmcia:
cleanup device driver header file") which removed the handle_to_dev()
macro.  I applied the following patch.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:34:12 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] pcmcia: restore handle_to_dev macro

It is still in widespread use.

It was removed by commit 86b736d122166ec779bd86ac24e24117a675e98d
("pcmcia: cleanup device driver header file").

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 include/pcmcia/ds.h |    1 +
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/include/pcmcia/ds.h b/include/pcmcia/ds.h
index 13c01ab..374a7cc 100644
--- a/include/pcmcia/ds.h
+++ b/include/pcmcia/ds.h
@@ -137,6 +137,7 @@ struct pcmcia_device {
 #define to_pcmcia_dev(n) container_of(n, struct pcmcia_device, dev)
 #define to_pcmcia_drv(n) container_of(n, struct pcmcia_driver, drv)
 
+#define handle_to_dev(handle) (handle->dev)
 
 /* (deprecated) error reporting by PCMCIA devices. Use dev_printk()
  * or dev_dbg() directly in the driver, without referring to pcmcia_error_func()
-- 
1.5.6.5