Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the sound tree

From: David Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 21:36:07 -0700 (PDT)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 14:20:30 +1000

> Today's linux-next merge of the sound tree got a conflict in
> sound/core/memalloc.c between commit
> 759ee81be6d87c150ea2b300c221b4fec8b5f646 ("alsa: Remove special SBUS
> dma support code.") from the sparc tree and commit
> d3acb92557b99feb051ac173d119d06900c364f5 ("ALSA: Kill snd_assert()
> in sound/core/*") from the sound tree.
> 
> The former removes code modified by the latter.  I just removed the
> code.  I will carry the fixup.

Thanks Stephen.

Takashi-san, FYI, in the Sparc tree we have removed all SBUS specific
BUS probing and device code, all drivers are now generic and use plain
linux/dma-mapping.h interfaces.

So the sound layer SBUS code was superfluous and unused, so we
deleted it.