Subject: Re: linux-next: origin tree build failure

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:01:57 +0100

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:33:19AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> hm:

>  Author:     Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
>  AuthorDate: Fri Oct 10 15:58:14 2008 +0100
>  Commit:     Liam Girdwood <[email-masked]>
>  CommitDate: Mon Oct 13 21:51:56 2008 +0100

> if a patch is merged as agressively as that, it should at minimum be 
> tested a bit.

It has been tested (I've got some systems here that rely on the WM8350
fairly heavily) - what was missing was cross platform testing on
architectures that don't define NO_IRQ.  The code is rather older than
the dates indicate due to some rearrangement of the patch series, though
obviously out of tree stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyway, I've posted a patch removing the use of NO_IRQ from the driver
(as <[email-masked]>)
which should hopefully be merged shortly.