Subject: linux-next: build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:59:11 +1100

Hi ,

Today's linux-next build (sparc defconfig) failed like this:

.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x0): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x4): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x8): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0xc): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x10): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x14): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x18): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x1c): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x20): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x24): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_SPARC_32 _text
.tmp_kallsyms2.o(.rodata+0x28): In function `kallsyms_addresses':
: additional relocation overflows omitted from the output

I have no idea what to do about this.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/