Subject: Re: [BUG] linux-next: Tree for October 16 - softlockup detected at blk_invoke_request_fn

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 00:15:33 +1100

Hi Jens,

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:57:55 +0200 Jens Axboe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> OK, I'm guessing it's a merge mess in linux-next. I tried to look at the
> diff, but it was pretty much impossible to read and even included lots
> of things in -git already.

If you are looking at the linux-next patch on kernel.org, then it is
relative to 2.6.27, so will contain a lot of stuff in Linus' tree.  Its
purpose is to allow people to recreate the linux-next tree from a kernel
tarball.

In the linux-next git tree, the point in Linus' tree that it is based on
the the "stable" branch.  If necessary, people should be able to bisect
between the "stabel" and "master" branches of a linux-next tree.  Or, I
am told, between one linux-next tree and another (but that sounds painful
to me).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/