Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kmemcheck tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:32:01 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the kmemcheck tree got a conflict in
> kernel/sysctl.c between commit af936a1606246a10c145feac3770f6287f483f02
> ("vmscan: unevictable LRU scan sysctl") from Linus' tree and commit
> 385e31b9eae0528bada07d16a189f3f40df23961 ("kmemcheck: add the kmemcheck
> core") from the kmemcheck tree.
> 
> Just overlapping additions (combined with a bad merge in the kmemcheck
> tree).  I fixed it up (see below).

thanks!

> [Ingo: it looks like commit 05416cc42ac7072f39bcff036485e2b0fc1da3a9 
> ("Merge branch 'linus' into kmemcheck") in the kmemcheck tree merged 
> the "rcutorture_runnable" sysctl into the wrong table.]

hm, good spotting! Vegard, will you apply it to your tree? If kmemcheck 
does not make it in in this cycle then maybe it's best to rebase it 
shortly after -rc1 is released, to get rid of uglies like that?

	Ingo