Subject: Re: linuxt-next: nfsd strange commit

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:20:59 -0400

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 02:13:57PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
> 
> I was just wondering what commit 9966acbedc54b9c2d38d97bdd56b612d8da45b8d
> ("proc: move rest of /proc/locks to fs/locks.c") is doing in the
> nfsd-next tree?  As far as I can see, it has nothing to do with nfsd and
> no interaction with the nfsd code.
> 
> Adding random patches to trees in linux-next just makes my job
> harder ...  especially when it touched something like include/linux/fs.h
> and triggers a major rebuild of the tree (*and* it is the only thing in
> the nfsd-next tree).

I've also been acting as a (somewhat inconsistent) locks.c maintainer.

Would it make it any easier if I kept a locks-next branch that you could
pull separately?  Or should I try to get that stuff into some other
tree?

--b.