Subject: Re: linuxt-next: nfsd strange commit

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:30:04 +1100

Hi Bruce,

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:20:59 -0400 "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I've also been acting as a (somewhat inconsistent) locks.c maintainer.
> 
> Would it make it any easier if I kept a locks-next branch that you could
> pull separately?  Or should I try to get that stuff into some other
> tree?

A separate branch is possible, but if it is only one or two commits it is
hardly worth it.  Lets see how it goes.

However (I don't mean to pick on you, really :-)) your current tree has a
merge that says "Merge branch 'for-2.6.29' into for-mm".  I (and Andrew)
really don't want any 2.6.29 stuff in linux-next until after 2.6.28-rc1 -
it just muddies the conflicts.  So can you remove that merge for now (its
only a few days) and I will revert that merge in linux-next today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/