Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for October 28

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:00:45 -0700

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:30:55 +1100
Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have created today's linux-next tree at
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git

x86_64 allnoconfig:

arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c: In function 'uv_rtc_init':
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c:355: error: implicit declaration of function 'uv_bios_freq_base'
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c: In function 'uv_system_init':
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c:438: error: implicit declaration of function 'uv_bios_init'
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c:439: error: implicit declaration of function 'uv_bios_get_sn_info'
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c:439: error: 'uv_type' undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c:439: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c:439: error: for each function it appears in.)
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c:439: error: 'sn_partition_id' undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c:440: error: 'uv_coherency_id' undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.c:440: error: 'uv_region_size' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/x86/kernel/genx2apic_uv_x.o] Error 2

Guys, allnoconfig breakage is very common.  It's easy to configure and
is very quick to test.  Please use it.