Subject: linux-next: slab tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:42:21 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_super.c: In function 'xfs_init_zones':
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_super.c:1714: error: 'xfs_vnode_zone' undeclared (first use in this function)

It is a mismerge (in the linux-next tree) between commits
7836dda725873a5ce05d216295a452f16ccaab72 ("[XFS] Combine the XFS and
Linux inodes") form the xfs tree and
200d770048651d9a03266dc1bf031bb6f9e1363a ("Filesystem: XFS slab
defragmentation") from the slab tree.

I guess the latter patch needs to be dropped since its target is going
away.

I fixed up the merge (see below) and can carry the fix for a few days.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

diff --git a/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_super.c b/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_super.c
index 23e0afb..6bd3e2a 100644
--- a/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_super.c
+++ b/fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_super.c
@@ -1711,8 +1711,6 @@ STATIC int __init
 xfs_init_zones(void)
 {
 
-	kmem_cache_setup_defrag(xfs_vnode_zone, get_inodes, kick_inodes);
-
 	xfs_ioend_zone = kmem_zone_init(sizeof(xfs_ioend_t), "xfs_ioend");
 	if (!xfs_ioend_zone)
 		goto out;