Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for November 12 (ipw2200 build error)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:10:35 -0800

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:28:18 +1100 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

As previously reported, ipw2100 and ipw2200 use print_ssid() but
print_ssid() is not always built.  This can happen whether ipw2?00
is built into the kernel or built as a loadable module.

config-r5834:
ERROR: "print_ssid" [drivers/net/wireless/ipw2200.ko] undefined!

or

config-r5835:
drivers/built-in.o: In function `ipw_debug_config':
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1cff06): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `ipw_best_network':
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d0082): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d0101): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d0167): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d01e2): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
drivers/built-in.o:ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d0267): more undefined references to `print_ssid' follow

---
~Randy