Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for November 19 (ipw2100/2200 build errors)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:59:11 -0800

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:59:17 +1100 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

This can happen when these drivers are built as loadable modules or
built into the kernel image.

Loadable modules:
ERROR: "print_ssid" [drivers/net/wireless/ipw2200.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "print_ssid" [drivers/net/wireless/ipw2100.ko] undefined!

(modular config is attached)

In kernel image:
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d6f37): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d7466): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d75a3): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d779a): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d7815): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
drivers/built-in.o:ipw2200.c:(.text+0x1d7883): more undefined references to `print_ssid' follow

ipw2100.c:(.text+0x14c8b6): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2100.c:(.text+0x14fdae): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2100.c:(.text+0x1500ac): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2100.c:(.text+0x151810): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
ipw2100.c:(.text+0x151a27): undefined reference to `print_ssid'
drivers/built-in.o:ipw2200.c:(.text+0x159635): more undefined references to `print_ssid' follow

---
~Randy