Subject: Re: linux-next-20081120 - staging - meilhaus driver build fails

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:02:29 -0800

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 09:46:45PM +0530, Kamalesh Babulal wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
> 
>  next-20081120 kernel randconfig on x86_64 box fails, while !CONFIG_MODULES
> 
> drivers/staging/meilhaus/memain.c: In function 'me_probe_pci':
> drivers/staging/meilhaus/memain.c:425: error: implicit declaration of function '__symbol_get'
> drivers/staging/meilhaus/memain.c:425: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
> drivers/staging/meilhaus/memain.c:433: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
> drivers/staging/meilhaus/memain.c:453: error: implicit declaration of function '__symbol_put'
> make[3]: *** [drivers/staging/meilhaus/memain.o] Error 1
> 
> the driver uses __symbol_get and __symbol_put instead of marco's symbol_get and symbol_put, 
> I have only build tested the patch.

Ick, the code shouldn't be doing any of this :(

I'll work on fixing this up, thanks for pointing it out.

greg k-h