Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the ftrace tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 03:11:34 +0100

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the ftrace tree got a conflict in
> kernel/trace/ftrace.c between commits
> 820432783190b4096499e38a4a4d7095c511913d ("ftrace: make filtered
> functions effective on setting") and
> 32464779a1b8c15e9aa9aa0306b2f735080df9d8 ("ftrace: fix dyn ftrace filter
> selection") from Linus' tree and commit ftrace_startup ("ftrace: add
> quick function trace stop") from the ftrace tree.
> 
> I fixed it up (see below - which may not be correct) but it needs to be
> fixed in the ftrace tree.

hm, latest tip/auto-ftrace-next has no merge commit with -git. But i 
reintegrated it about an hour before you sent this mail - maybe you've 
got the old branch still?

	Ingo