Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the ftrace tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:11:12 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the ftrace tree got a conflict in
kernel/trace/ftrace.c between commits
820432783190b4096499e38a4a4d7095c511913d ("ftrace: make filtered
functions effective on setting") and
32464779a1b8c15e9aa9aa0306b2f735080df9d8 ("ftrace: fix dyn ftrace filter
selection") from Linus' tree and commit ftrace_startup ("ftrace: add
quick function trace stop") from the ftrace tree.

I fixed it up (see below - which may not be correct) but it needs to be
fixed in the ftrace tree.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

diff --cc kernel/trace/ftrace.c
index 78db083,beb21a5..0000000
--- a/kernel/trace/ftrace.c
+++ b/kernel/trace/ftrace.c
@@@ -526,8 -560,9 +553,8 @@@ static void ftrace_startup(void
  		return;
  
  	mutex_lock(&ftrace_start_lock);
- 	ftrace_start++;
+ 	ftrace_start_up++;
 -	if (ftrace_start_up == 1)
 -		command |= FTRACE_ENABLE_CALLS;
 +	command |= FTRACE_ENABLE_CALLS;
  
  	if (saved_ftrace_func != ftrace_trace_function) {
  		saved_ftrace_func = ftrace_trace_function;
@@@ -1181,7 -1212,7 +1208,7 @@@ ftrace_regex_release(struct inode *inod
  
  	mutex_lock(&ftrace_sysctl_lock);
  	mutex_lock(&ftrace_start_lock);
- 	if (ftrace_start && ftrace_enabled)
 -	if (iter->filtered && ftrace_start_up && ftrace_enabled)
++	if (ftrace_start_up && ftrace_enabled)
  		ftrace_run_update_code(FTRACE_ENABLE_CALLS);
  	mutex_unlock(&ftrace_start_lock);
  	mutex_unlock(&ftrace_sysctl_lock);