Subject: linux-next: rr tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:31:58 +1100

Hi Rusty,

Today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/kernel/irq.c: In function 'fixup_irqs':
arch/powerpc/kernel/irq.c:240: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of 'irq_desc[irq].chip->set_affinity'
arch/powerpc/sysdev/mpic.c: In function 'mpic_alloc':
arch/powerpc/sysdev/mpic.c:1069: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/mpic.c:1074: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/xics.c:385: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/xics.c:394: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/xics.c: In function 'xics_migrate_irqs_away':
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/xics.c:864: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of 'desc->chip->set_affinity'

caused by commit 5b03e170d524383a34a89fd73ec9d1bda0922d63
("cpumask:irq-functions-take-cpumask_t-ptr") which changed the
set_affinity callback but didn't update all the instances.

I have dropped the rr tree again today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/