Subject: linux-next: powerpc build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 01:34:05 +1100

Hi Paul,

Today's linux-next build (powerpc allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `get_dma_ops':
arch/powerpc/include/asm/dma-mapping.h:97: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.ftrace_likely_update' defined in .text section in kernel/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `init_shadow_tids':
drivers/infiniband/hw/ipath/ipath_init_chip.c:457: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.vfree' defined in .text section in mm/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `bringup_link':
drivers/infiniband/hw/ipath/ipath_init_chip.c:186: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.ftrace_likely_update' defined in .text section in kernel/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `eeh_readq':
arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh.h:145: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.eeh_check_failure' defined in .text section in arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o
arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh.h:145: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.eeh_check_failure' defined in .text section in arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `create_port0_egr':
drivers/infiniband/hw/ipath/ipath_init_chip.c:92: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.vmalloc' defined in .text section in mm/built-in.o
drivers/infiniband/hw/ipath/ipath_init_chip.c:114: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.vfree' defined in .text section in mm/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `enable_chip':
drivers/infiniband/hw/ipath/ipath_init_chip.c:477: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.init_waitqueue_head' defined in .text section in kernel/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `eeh_readq':
arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh.h:145: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.eeh_check_failure' defined in .text section in arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `eeh_readl':
arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh.h:137: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_REL24 against symbol `.eeh_check_failure' defined in .text section in arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `get_dma_ops':
arch/powerpc/include/asm/dma-mapping.h:97: additional relocation overflows omitted from the output

I have no idea why.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/