Subject: linux-next: rr tree build warning

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:42:11 +1100

Hi Rusty,

The next-20081204 build (powerpc ppc64_defconfig) produced these warnings:

include/linux/cpumask.h: In function 'set_cpu_possible':
include/linux/cpumask.h:1052: warning: passing argument 2 of 'cpumask_set_cpu' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
include/linux/cpumask.h:1054: warning: passing argument 2 of 'cpumask_clear_cpu' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
include/linux/cpumask.h: In function 'set_cpu_present':
include/linux/cpumask.h:1060: warning: passing argument 2 of 'cpumask_set_cpu' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
include/linux/cpumask.h:1062: warning: passing argument 2 of 'cpumask_clear_cpu' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
include/linux/cpumask.h: In function 'set_cpu_online':
include/linux/cpumask.h:1068: warning: passing argument 2 of 'cpumask_set_cpu' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
include/linux/cpumask.h:1070: warning: passing argument 2 of 'cpumask_clear_cpu' discards qualifiers from pointer target type

Caused by commit 38b04c5f8ddd01137b1524b126ac936d87b58213
("cpumask:cpu_online_mask-etc-as-primary") from the rr tree. Gcc (version
4.2.4) doesn't seem to let you just cast away the "const" from a variable.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/