Subject: Re: linux-next: staging tree build failure

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 07:08:32 -0800

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 01:34:34PM +0300, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
> Stephen Rothwell пишет:
>> Hi Greg,
>> Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:
>> drivers/staging/agnx/xmit.c: In function 'fill_agnx_hdr':
>> drivers/staging/agnx/xmit.c:629: error: 'struct <anonymous>' has no member 
>> named 'retry_limit'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/xmit.c:630: error: 'struct <anonymous>' has no member 
>> named 'retry_limit'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/xmit.c: In function 'txm_power_set':
>> drivers/staging/agnx/xmit.c:652: error: 'struct ieee80211_tx_info' has no 
>> member named 'tx_rate_idx'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/xmit.c:652: error: 'struct ieee80211_tx_info' has no 
>> member named 'tx_rate_idx'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/xmit.c:652: error: 'struct ieee80211_tx_info' has no 
>> member named 'tx_rate_idx'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c: In function 'agnx_config_interface':
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:327: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid_len'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:327: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:327: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid_len'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:327: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid_len'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:327: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:327: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid_len'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:327: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid_len'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:327: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:327: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid_len'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:329: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:329: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid_len'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:330: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid_len'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:331: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:331: error: 'struct ieee80211_if_conf' has no 
>> member named 'ssid_len'
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c: At top level:
>> drivers/staging/agnx/pci.c:432: warning: initialization from incompatible 
>> pointer type
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c: In function 
>> 'ape_sg_to_chdma_table':
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c:430: warning: format '%08x' 
>> expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'dma_addr_t'
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c:434: warning: format '%08x' 
>> expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'dma_addr_t'
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c:450: warning: format '%08x' 
>> expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'dma_addr_t'
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c:451: warning: format '%08x' 
>> expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'dma_addr_t'
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c: In function 'dma_test':
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c:548: warning: assignment makes 
>> integer from pointer without a cast
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c: In function 'probe':
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c:931: warning: label 'err_rev' 
>> defined but not used
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c:914: warning: label 'err_cdev' 
>> defined but not used
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c: At top level:
>> drivers/staging/altpciechdma/altpciechdma.c:416: warning: 
>> 'ape_sg_to_chdma_table' defined but not used
>> Commit "STAGING: Move staging drivers back to staging-specific menu"
>> allowed them to build in the allmodconfig again.  I have dropped the
>> staging tree for today.
>
> Damn. And w/o that commit staging drivers pollute the main drivers menu.

Very wierd.  Dmitry, care to look into this today?

thanks,

greg k-h