Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the lblnet tree

From: Jean Delvare <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 21:19:41 +0100

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:38:04 -0500, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Monday 08 December 2008 2:49:57 am Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the lblnet tree got a conflict in
> > Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt between commit
> > 839361440c4cf848dddc5705fa4ac7c25d00dddf ("hwmon: Deprecate the
> > fscher and fscpos drivers") from the jdelvare-hwmon tree and commit
> > d45075ffb96a78c0f7137cfcec9fe816a6d23cfb ("selinux: Deprecate and
> > schedule the removal of the the compat_net functionality") from the
> > lblnet tree.
> >
> > Just overlapping additions.  I fixed it up (see below) and can carry
> > it as necessary.
> 
> Thanks.  Other than pulling in the jdelvare-hwmon tree or moving the 
> entry somewhere else in the file (not solving anything, just 
> moving/delaying the problem) I'm not sure how to resolve the conflict.  
> If you don't mind carrying your fix-up patch until the merge window 
> opens that sounds like the best approach to me.

All in all I don't think it really matters.
Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt will always have conflicts
by design, but it's only a text file and if it isn't totally up-to-date
in linux-next, I doubt anybody cares. So I would vote for permanently
ignoring conflicts to this file.

-- 
Jean Delvare