Subject: Re: next-20081209: build problem at arch/ia64/hp/sim/simeth.c

From: David Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:41:08 -0800 (PST)

From: "Alexander Beregalov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 17:11:17 +0300

>   CC      arch/ia64/hp/sim/simeth.o
> arch/ia64/hp/sim/simeth.c: In function 'simeth_probe1':
> arch/ia64/hp/sim/simeth.c:212: error: 'struct net_device' has no
> member named 'open'
> arch/ia64/hp/sim/simeth.c:213: error: 'struct net_device' has no
> member named 'stop'
> arch/ia64/hp/sim/simeth.c:214: error: 'struct net_device' has no
> member named 'hard_start_xmit'
> arch/ia64/hp/sim/simeth.c:215: error: 'struct net_device' has no
> member named 'get_stats'
> arch/ia64/hp/sim/simeth.c:216: error: 'struct net_device' has no
> member named 'set_multicast_list'

The only way for this to happen is if CONFIG_COMPAT_NET_DEV_OPS
is not set.

And we force it on in net/Kconfig:

config COMPAT_NET_DEV_OPS
       def_bool y

Perhaps you simply need to update your config properly or something
like that.