Subject: Suspend issues on all latest kernels!

From: Nico -telmich- Schottelius <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:35:59 +0100

Hello!

Suspend fails on Lenovo X200 with

  - 2.6.28-next-20090107-ikn
  - 2.6.28-ikn-06859-gede6f5a

When doing echo mem > /sys/power/state, the
"Suspending consoles..." message appears, the "moon" is blinking,
but the system stays in this state (waited 10 minutes) forever.

At least -next is broken for a longer time (see previous posts on
linux-next).

Now the -wl tree also gained a suspend problem:

With

  - 2.6.28-rc9-wl-ikn-24949-ge98df74

I can suspend (!) and even wake up, but the display is black
(xorg and console) with some strange drawn columns.

Tha last known working version is

  - 2.6.28-rc9-wl-denkbrett-24896-gf4f5c96

Can somebody fix that so upgrading and testing
to a newer kernel is possible again?

Sincerly,

Nico

P.S.: -ikn or -denkbrett is just the hostname; kernels are not patched,
      directly fetched via git.

-- 
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C