Subject: linux-next: sound tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:10:11 +1100

Hi Takashi,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:152: error: expected identifier or '(' before '[' token
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c: In function 'cs4270_set_dai_sysclk':
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:203: error: 'cs4270_mode_ratios' undeclared (first use in this function)
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:203: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:203: error: for each function it appears in.)
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:203: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:203: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:203: error: size of array 'type name' is negative
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c: In function 'cs4270_hw_params':
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:387: error: 'cs4270_mode_ratios' undeclared (first use in this function)
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:387: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:387: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:387: error: size of array 'type name' is negative
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:392: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:392: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:392: error: size of array 'type name' is negative
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:392: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:392: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:392: error: size of array 'type name' is negative
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:392: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:392: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
sound/soc/codecs/cs4270.c:392: error: size of array 'type name' is negative

Caused by commit ff7bf02f630ae93cad4feda0f6a5a19b25a5019a ("ASoC: fix
documentation in CS4270 codec driver") which does somewhat more than fix
documentation.  It clearly wasn't even build tested.

I have dropped the sound tree for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/