Subject: Re: linux-next: cpufreq tree build failure

From: Dave Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:34:51 -0500

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 09:57:44PM +0100, Thomas Renninger wrote:

 > > I added the 'static's directly to the patches, and regenerated the tree
 > > on kernel.org
 > > For other stuff, unless it's a build-fix, send an incremental diff ?
 > Yes, will do so.
 > But if possible, I'd like to wait for Ingo's
 > printk_once function popping up in linux-next.
 > How frequently are linux-next patches pulled back into the cpufreq tree?

There's no regular schedule. It typically happens if a) they get merged into
Linus tree, and b) I rebase the cpufreq tree (which I try to avoid where possible,
I try to only do it to get around a build failure, or if there's massive
conflicts with something else that got merged).

 > Anyway, I am going to look at your tree in a week or two and send
 > something then. It's only about a cleaned up message in broken BIOS case,
 > that should not hurt in linux-next for a while.

Sounds good to me.

Thanks,

	Dave

-- 
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk