Subject: Re: [Staging/p9auth] Feb 26 Next: build failure

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 07:53:55 -0800

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 04:40:10PM +0530, Sachin P. Sant wrote:
> Feb 26 Next tree randconfig build fails with
>
> drivers/staging/p9auth/p9auth.c: In function cap_write:
> drivers/staging/p9auth/p9auth.c:249: error: implicit declaration of 
> function current_uid
> drivers/staging/p9auth/p9auth.c:261: error: implicit declaration of 
> function prepare_creds
> drivers/staging/p9auth/p9auth.c:261: warning: assignment makes pointer from 
> integer without a cast
> drivers/staging/p9auth/p9auth.c:266: error: dereferencing pointer to 
> incomplete type
> drivers/staging/p9auth/p9auth.c:267: error: dereferencing pointer to 
> incomplete type
> drivers/staging/p9auth/p9auth.c:268: error: implicit declaration of 
> function commit_creds
> make[3]: *** [drivers/staging/p9auth/p9auth.o] Error 1

Wierd, I thought cred.h would be pulled in with the current include
files.

With this .config, if you add:
	#include <linux/cred.h>
to drivers/staging/p9auth/p9auth.c does it solve the build error?

I'll go add it just to be safe :)

thanks,

greg k-h