Subject: Re: linux-next: kvm tree build warnings

From: Sheng Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:00:52 +0800

On Monday 02 March 2009 14:49:15 Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Avi,

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the notice! It's my fault...

I would post a patch to fix it. And Avi is offline this week, Marcelo is in 
charge of maintenance now. 

-- 
regards
Yang, Sheng

>
> Today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc44x_config) produced these warnings:
>
> In file included from arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:52:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want In file
> included from arch/powerpc/kvm/booke.c:24:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want In file
> included from arch/powerpc/kvm/booke_emulate.c:21:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want In file
> included from arch/powerpc/kvm/44x.c:21:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want In file
> included from arch/powerpc/kvm/44x_tlb.c:24:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want In file
> included from arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h:31,
>                  from arch/powerpc/kvm/44x_emulate.c:21:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want In file
> included from arch/powerpc/kvm/../../../virt/kvm/coalesced_mmio.c:13:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want In file
> included from arch/powerpc/kvm/../../../virt/kvm/kvm_main.c:21:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want In file
> included from arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c:25:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want In file
> included from arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c:24:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: 'struct kvm_ioapic' declared inside
> parameter list include/linux/kvm_host.h:368: warning: its scope is only
> this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
>
> Probably caused by commit 71c8a3f871fab4b54f7cace7d4626e67dfb51b2d ("KVM:
> Unify the delivery of IOAPIC and MSI interrupts").