Subject: Re: linux-next: net tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:55:25 +1100

Hi Dave,

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 01:49:58 -0800 (PST) David Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:05:14 +1100
> 
> > Today's linux-next build (powerpc allyesconfig) failed like this:
> > 
> > net/rds/cong.c: In function 'rds_cong_set_bit':
> > net/rds/cong.c:284: error: implicit declaration of function 'generic___set_le_bit'
> > net/rds/cong.c: In function 'rds_cong_clear_bit':
> > net/rds/cong.c:298: error: implicit declaration of function 'generic___clear_le_bit'
> > net/rds/cong.c: In function 'rds_cong_test_bit':
> > net/rds/cong.c:309: error: implicit declaration of function 'generic_test_le_bit'
> 
> I've fixed this up as follows:

I was actually wondering if this was some API that powerpc had not
implemented (most other architectures include asm-generic/bitops/le.h in
their asm/bitops.h via asm-generic/bitops/ext2-non-atomic.h or
asm-generic/bitops/minix-le.h) or whether RDS should be using some other
API (since this is the first use of those functions outside the headers
above).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell