Subject: linux-next: tracing tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:55:09 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

kernel/trace/trace_functions_graph.c: In function 'graph_trace_close':
kernel/trace/trace_functions_graph.c:836: error: implicit declaration of function 'percpu_free'

The direct cause is commit 422d3c7a577b15e1384c9d4e72a9540896b685fa
("tracing: current tip/master can't enable ftrace") from the tracing tree
which exposed an interaction between commit
f2a8205c4ef1af917d175c36a4097ae5587791c8 ("percpu: kill percpu_alloc()
and friends") from the tip-core tree and commit
9005f3ebebfcfe9ccd731d16c468907a35ac1f9a ("tracing/function-graph-tracer:
various fixes and features") from the tracing tree.

I have reverted commit 422d3c7a577b15e1384c9d4e72a9540896b685fa for
today.  (As a side note, that commit has no Signed-off-by ...)

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/