Subject: Re: linux-next: lblnet tree build warnings

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:09:15 -0400

On Friday 13 March 2009 01:32:52 am Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc64_defconfig) produced these
> warnings:
>
> In file included from net/ipv4/ip_options.c:26:
> include/net/cipso_ipv4.h: In function 'cipso_v4_req_delattr':
> include/net/cipso_ipv4.h:264: warning: 'return' with a value, in function
> returning void In file included from net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c:22:
> include/net/cipso_ipv4.h: In function 'cipso_v4_req_delattr':
> include/net/cipso_ipv4.h:264: warning: 'return' with a value, in function
> returning void

Thanks, those should now be fixed.

> Caused by commit d584c27edca286826e9145a3158f03e3bc81a6c0 ("netlabel:
> Label incoming TCP connections correctly in SELinux").  (BTW, that commit
> has no Signed-off-by.)

Yes, there are two or three patches in the lblnet-2.6_next tree that do not 
currently have sign-offs.  These patches are still undergoing review (RFC 
patches) and I'm not yet comfortable seeing these patches hit mainline and I 
found leaving off a sign-off is about the only reliable way to prevent patches 
from being merged.

I've included these RFC patches in the lblnet-2.6_next tree as a way to try 
and determine any merge difficulties with other upcoming work in advance as I 
do expect the patches to be signed-off for the 2.6.30 window.  If that goes 
against the current -next policy let me know and I'll remove them.

Thanks.

-- 
paul moore
linux @ hp